Bay Dynamics unveiled a new custom research report that shows most cyber security professionals do not trust the data coming from security tools. “A Day in the Life of a Cyber Security Pro,” captures the challenges security professionals face every day managing millions of vulnerabilities at any given time along with incorrectly prioritized threat alerts.
Third party research firm Enterprise Management Associates conducted a survey of more than 400 cyber security professionals working in North America-based organizations with at least 5,000 employees. Respondents came from a variety of vital industries including finance, insurance, government, healthcare, retail, infrastructure and more.
Key highlights include:
- Enterprises with more than 20,000 employees manage more than 1.3 million vulnerabilities every 30 days
- 74% of respondents say they are overwhelmed by the volume of vulnerability maintenance work
- 79% of respondents say their patching approval process is significantly manual
- 64% of threat alerts are not addressed each day
- 52% of threat alerts are improperly prioritized by systems and must be manually re-prioritized
The report also shows a lack of transparency about organizations’ cyber risk posture. When asked to rate the level of maturity of their vulnerability management programs, 87% of respondents say they have a “very mature to moderately mature” patching process.
Get the full details at MarketWired