Software for digital ordering and delivery, notifications that an order is ready for pickup, and streamlined menus are helping New York City restaurants remain open through the pandemic.
1. Harlem Shake in Harlem offers flavorful diner food like the Mama Fried Chicken, a fried chicken breast sandwich with fried green tomato, homemade ranch dressing, and Mama’s hot sauce through in-person dining, as well as through pickup or delivery via Toast, a restaurant POS system for online ordering, delivery, takeout and e-gift cards.
2. Dr Clark in Chinatown offers pre-batched cocktails, cook-at-home kits, and reservations for outdoor kotatsu (heated) tables as well as indoor BBQ tables for its grilled Hokkaido favorites all through its website.
3. Dos Toros, a taqueria in the East Village with options ranging from Pollo Asado to Impossible ground beef, created its own rewards app to provide customers with freebies and facilitate payment. It also created an online nutrition calculator and guide for healthy meals.
6. Oxalis in Brooklyn, a fine-dining bistro with offerings like garden crepe and beef shoulder, allows customers to make reservations directly or with Resy. Customers can buy wine, meal kits and snacking kits from its in-house pantry through Table 22. Oxalis has also created an online community with a weekly newsletter that shares notifications about new products and discount codes.
7. Red Paper Clip in the West Village shares Taiwanese American cuisine like drunken clams and its house-made Klondike bar with miso caramel, as well as an extensive wine list, by encouraging online reservations through the reservation app, Resy.
8. Claro in Brooklyn offers Oaxacan dishes such as octopus tostadas and mole almendrado with steelhead trout and brown butter roasted almonds via a digital menu and online reservation system.
9. Cocoron in NoLita shares healthy Japanese dishes such as grilled gyoza and soba noodles with slow-roasted duck through indoor and outdoor dining. It also offers a takeout and delivery menu online and sells its dishes as frozen food to make at home that you can order on their website.
10. Hart’s in Brooklyn provides ingredients, recipes, and discounted wine bottles and craft beers through its online-order store. Its website provides recipes for making favorites like its roast chicken and latkes.